Responsible to: Manager
Reports to: Senior Carer
Liaison with: All members of staff, residents,
AIMS OF THE POST
The Care Assistant is part of the care team whose function is to attend to the personal needs of all residents under the direction and supervision of senior staff.
DUTIES WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
- To provide care for all residents as prescribed in each resident’s care plan.
- To promote independence , dignity, respect, privacy, choice, fulfilment and residents' rights.
- To assist with all hygiene needs as required ie. washing, dressing, toileting, undressing, mouth care, hair, hand and feet care.
- To assist with feeding residents as required.
- To report accidents and any untoward incidents also participate in the investigation of same.
- To be available to listen and talk to residents.
- To accompany residents to hospital when required also on other outings.
- To report on changes in residents general condition.
- To report on changes in residents skin condition.
- To report and record residents intake at meal times.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To co-operate with off-duty scheduling so as to ensure that adequate coverage.
- Such other duties as may be delegated from time to time.
THE ABOVE DUTIES ARE NOT RESTRICTIVE AND MAY BE VARIED TO MEET THE CHANGING NEEDS IN THE CARE HOME.